Most people go their entire lives without needing to hire a bondsman in El Centro. In some cases people will hop on their computer or pick up the local Yellow Pages in order to begin their search. They soon find there are pages upon pages of listings. How do you know which company to choose?
The cost to purchase bail bonds in El Centro is regulated by the Department of Insurance (DOI). The DOI has set that rate at 10%. That rate will be the same no matter how many companies you call. If every bondsman is required to charge 10% does that mean that all agencies are alike? The answer is “no”.
There are several things you will want to ask the person you are speaking with before you decide who to hire.
- How long has the company been in business?
- Are they licensed through the state of California?
- Are they accredited through the Better Business Bureau?
- What forms of payment will they accept?
- Can they take credit cards, or will they only transact in cash?
- Do you need to go to their office to fill out paperwork or can they help you with online bail bonds?
- Will you be required to post collateral?
- Can they help you late at night, during the weekend or on a holiday?
Lastly, do you get the sense you can trust the person you are working with? Does it seem as if they genuinely care about your situation, or does if feel like they are trying to “wheel and deal” you?
If you need help getting someone out of jail fast, we can help. Call 760-230-01294 now to speak with an expert El Centro bondsman.